“Unsuccessful” Polish winter expeditions
|Dodał marek karnecki dnia 30.04.2010|
The list of Polish winter expeditions to the peaks of eight-thousanders which have failed to be successful.
1. 1973/74 – late autumn expedition to Lhotse 8,516 m. Leader: Andrzej Zawada. During the expedition a new winter altitude record was set. Andrzej Zawada and Zygmunt Andrzej Heinrich reached the altitude of 8,200 m.
2. 1987/88 – winter, Polish-Canadian expedition to K2 8,611 m led by Andrzej Zawada from the Pakistani side. The altitude of 7,000 m was reached. During the expedition the reserve goal Broad Peak 8,047 m was attempted. In a bold, light attempt in Alpine style a small, two-person team A.Lwow-M.Berbeka reached the pass at 7,950 m. Next, Maciej Berbeka continued climbing and reached the foresummit of Broad Peak 8,027 m. Until now, it is unbeatable winter height record in Pakistan.
3. 1987/88 – winter expedition to Makalu 8,481 m led by Andrzej Machnik. The altitude of 7,400 m was reached.
4. 1988/89 – winter expedition to Nanga Parbat 8,126 m of the Mountaineering Club in Zakopane under the leadership of Maciej Berbeka from more difficult side - the Rupal Valley. The altitude of 6,500 m was reached on the Messner route.
5. 1988/89 winter expedition to Yalung Kang 8,505 m organized by the Mountaineering Club in Wrocław, led by Józef Stępień. Two women took part in the expedition. The altitude of 7,200 m was reached.
6. 1990/91 – small, winter expedition to Makalu 8,481 m led by Krzysztof Wielicki. On the Western Pillar in the lone attack Wielicki reached the height of 6,900 m. Two women took part in the expedition: Anna Czerwińska and Ingrid Bayens. Three different routes were attacked.
7. 1991/92 – winter expedition of the Mountaineering Club in Zakopane under the leadership of Maciej Berbeka to Nanga Parbat 8,126 m from more difficult side of the Rupal Valley. In a light, bold attack in Alpinie style on the Schell route the height of 7,000 m was reached.
8. 1996/97 – winter expedition to Nanga Parbat 8,126 m led by Andrzej Zawada from the side of the Diamir Valley, Kinshofer route. The attempt of Z.Trzmiel-K.Pankiewicz team ended close to the peak. Zbigniew Trzmiel reached the altitude of 7,875 m.
9. 1997/98 – winter expedition to Nanga Parbat 8,126 led by Andrzej Zawada from the side of the Diamir Valley, Kinshofer route. The altitude of 6,800 m was reached. The expedition encountered unexpected abundant snowfall. A falling stone broke the leg of Ryszard Pawłowski.
10. 2000/01 – winter expedition to Makalu 8,481 m led by Krzysztof Wielicki.
11. 2002/03 – winter Netia expedition to K2 8,611 m led by Krzysztof Wielicki. The expedition was led from the Chinese side. P.Morawski – M.Kaczkan – D.Urubko (Kazakhstan) team reached the altitude of 7,600 m.
12. 2003/04 – Polish-Italian winter expedition to Shisha Pangma. The leader - Jan Szulc.
13. 2006/07 – winter HiMountain expedition to Nanga Parbat 8,126 m from Rupal side, via Schell route. The expedition was led by Krzysztof Wielicki. The altitude of 7,000 m was reached.
14. 2008/09 – winter expedition to Nanga Parbat 8,126 m from the Diamir side. The leader - Jacek Teler. The height of 4,500 m was reached.
15. 2008/09 – winter expedition to Broad Peak 8,047 m led by Artur Hajzer. The altitude of 7,000 m was reached.
Ostatnie zmiany: 22.02.2015 o godzinie: 14:29wróć